It's simple and easy to capture and upload media from your personal device. This article will help you if you get stuck.
The Fotaflo Android app works differently depending on if you're using a personal device or a dedicated work device.
A "personal device" is an Android device that is for your own personal use in addition to taking and uploading photos with Fotaflo. If you are using a device only Fotaflo see How do I use Fotaflo on a dedicated work Android device?
You can set the app for a personal or dedicated work device in the app settings: How do I manage Android app settings?
On personal devices the Fotaflo app will only upload photos and videos taken using the Fotaflo app. Any other media captured using any other camera apps will not automatically upload to Fotaflo.
Photos and videos taken with the Fotaflo app are not visible in other photo apps on the device. Personal mode works best if you or your staff are using a personal device to take photos.
First, the basics
- Make sure that the device is connected to the internet (either mobile or WiFi). The Fotaflo app will indicate if you are currently connected.
- Make sure that battery saver mode is turned off and the Fotaflo app is not being optimized: How do I keep the Fotaflo app monitoring for new photos in the background?
Using the Fotaflo in-app camera
- Open the Fotaflo app.
- Add any labels to associate with the photos or videos. How do I add labels to media in the Android app?
- Select Take Video or Take Photos from in the Fotaflo app.
- Capture the desired photos or videos. Once they're taken photos and videos will immediately start uploading to Fotaflo.