Power saving settings on your Android device could be blocking the Fotaflo app from finding and uploading photos and videos in the background.
The following steps should help you ensure that the Fotaflo service remains active throughout the day.
The Fotaflo Android app is tuned for low-power usage by only actively processing when new photos are taken. It shouldn't consume significant amounts of power throughout the day when whitelisted from Android power-saving features.
Note: Any setting the restricts background data from being used will prevent uploading.
Turn off battery saver / power saving mode
Battery Saver usually turns on automatically when a device is low on battery (e.g. when it's down to 15%). When this mode is on it will inhibit the Fotaflo photo monitoring feature from finding new photos and uploading them.
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down to access apps screen then navigate: Settings > Device care
- Tap the Battery icon
- Power mode > Optimized or High Performance
Turn off battery optimization for the Fotaflo app
Android's Battery Optimization feature can also block or shut down the Fotaflo photo monitoring service throughout the day forcing you to open the Fotaflo app to initiate uploading your photos.
To set Android to not optimize the Fotaflo app:
- Open Settings.
- Search for Battery Optimization and tap the search result.
- Tap the Not optimized drop-down near the top of the screen and select All apps.
- Type "fotaflo" into the search bar at the top of the screen and tap on the Fotaflo app in the search results.
- Select Don't optimise and tap Done.
- Restart the Fotaflo app.
Battery Optimization - Google Pixel
- Go to settings and search for Battery Optimisation
- If Fotaflo is listed as “Optimized,” tap the app
- Then Not Optimize and then Done.
Battery Optimization - Samsung
- Go to Settings and search for Optimize battery usage.
- Search for the Fotaflo app
- Tap the app switch to turn off the switch off
Go to Settings > Apps > Click the three dots on the top right > Special access > Optimize battery usage
On Samsung devices, there are sometimes additional power-saving settings that could interfere with the Fotaflo photo monitoring service throughout the day.
Make Fotaflo an unmonitored app
Samsung's Device Maintenance features provide additional ways to optimize the performance of your device.
Go to Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery and set Fotaflo to be an "Unmonitored app".
If you've followed the above advice and the Fotaflo app still doesn't find and upload your new photos in a timely manner then you can try the following:
Samsung devices: Dock part of the app at the top of the screen using the snap-window feature
Most devices: Open the Fotaflo and Camera apps in split-screen mode. Note that many camera apps won't allow you to use it in split-screen mode but this has been tested to work on some Samsung devices.
If your device is not uploading photos, please review this article: