Integrate your Smartwaiver system without another reservation integration. This integration provides a more seamless photo delivery experience for you and your guests.
This guide helps you integrate your Smartwaiver system with Fotaflo by sending waiver data using webhooks from Smartwaiver.
When a webhook waiver is sent, Fotaflo will parse the request and store
- the name and contact information of the guests
It will then create or update a label for that reservation using the contact names provided in each waiver. A tour guide using the Fotaflo app to take photos of guests will be able to select any labels for tours that begin within 24 hours (12 hours in the past to 12 hours in the future). Once one or more labels are selected they can continue the tour and any photos taken will be labelled when uploaded to Fotaflo.
The primary benefit of adding the Smartwaiver integration is to gather contact information for each tour participant in order to seamlessly deliver all their photos.
Deliveries are automatically sent according to the default settings.
Smartwaiver Integration Setup Summary
- Log in to Smartwaiver and obtain a new API Key following these instructions.
- Go to the Fotaflo integration settings page and select Smartwaiver from the list of possible integrations. If you are unable to reach the page, please contact Fotaflo support.
- Enter the API Key you obtained from Smartwaiver and paste it into the Smartwaiver API Key field then click Create:
- Select the Manage Integration Keys button
- Click the Generate Integration Key button in the lower right-hand corner:
- Create the Fotaflo Webhook URL
- Copy the Integration Key that you generated in step 5
- Paste the Integration Key in this URL: https://[INTEGRATION KEY]:X@2.fotaflo.com/reservations/smartwaiver.json
- For example, if the [INTEGRATION KEY] were abcd1234abcd1234abcd1234 then the URL should be: https://abcd1234abcd1234abcd1234:X@2.fotaflo.com/reservations/smartwaiver.json
In Smartwaiver, go to the API Webhook settings and enter the 'Fotaflo Webhook URL' in the 'Your Webhook URL' section:
- Make sure 'Web Endpoint' and 'Do not wait for email validation' are set, then click the Update button to save
Warning: If it looks like you are going to remove the FareHarbor Integration or any other integrations you will need to contact Smartwaiver to set up a second webhook.
Email email@example.com and ask them to set up the ‘Fotaflo Webhook URL’ as an account webhook.
Under Participant Info, to ensure this is a standalone integration you must have the following required fields in the Custom Participant Information section of your waiver:
- Tour Date: the exact words 'tour date' or 'reservation date' need to be in the label field. You can add other text before or after if you wish. Use the Date field option.
- Tour Time: the exact words 'tour time' or 'reservation time' need to be in the label field. You can add other text before or after if you wish. Use the Pull Down Field option.
- You can use 24h (e.g. 16:35) or 12h (e.g. 4:35pm) times
Finally, in the Smartwaiver integration settings in Fotaflo we need to set it to the correct time zone for your location so that it can convert the times properly:
The integration should now be active and ready to test. If you would like to import upcoming waivers that were created before the integration was enabled please contact Fotaflo support.
Testing the Smartwaiver Integration
Fill out and sign a waiver in Smartwaiver making sure to select an appropriate tour date and time.
Look in Fotaflo for a matching label for the name in step 1.
Add the label to a photo and make sure the album gets delivered to both email addresses after the tour date and time you specified in the waiver.