Integrate your Smartwaiver system with Fotaflo. This integration provides a more seamless photo delivery experience for you and your guests.
This guide helps you integrate your Smartwaiver system with Fotaflo by sending waiver data using webhooks from Smartwaiver and combined with reservation information from FareHarbor.
When a webhook waiver is sent, Fotaflo will parse the request and store
- the name and contact information of the guests
It will then create or update a label for that reservation using the contact names provided in each waiver. A tour guide using the Fotaflo app to take photos of guests will be able to select any labels for tours which begin within 24 hours (12 hours in the past to 12 hours in the future). Once one or more labels are selected they can continue the tour and any photos taken will be labelled when uploaded to Fotaflo.
The primary benefit of adding the Smartwaiver integration on top of the FareHarbor integration is to gather contact information for each tour participant in order to seamlessly deliver all their photos using a single label.
Deliveries are automatically sent according to the following default settings:
- If your location does purchase or giveaway deliveries, within 5 minutes of the first photo uploaded to that label after the tour start time.
- If your location does preview deliveries, one hour after the tour end time
To get started, you'll need to already have set up the FareHarbor integration and your FareHarbor account must already be connected to Smartwaiver.
Smartwaiver Integration Setup Summary
- Log in to Smartwaiver and obtain a new API Key following these instructions.
- Go to the Fotaflo integration settings page and select Smartwaiver from the list of possible integrations. If you are unable to reach the page, please contact Fotaflo support.
- Enter the API Key you obtained from Smartwaiver and paste it into the Smartwaiver API Key field then click Create:
- Select the Manage Integration Keys button
- Click the Generate Integration Key button in the lower right-hand corner:
- In Smartwaiver, go to the API Webhook settings and enter the following URL in the 'Your Webhook URL' section: https://[INTEGRATION KEY]:X@2.fotaflo.com/reservations/smartwaiver.json
- Replace [INTEGRATION KEY] with the key you generated in step 5
- For example, if the [INTEGRATION KEY] were abcd1234abcd1234abcd1234 then the URL should be: https://abcd1234abcd1234abcd1234:X@2.fotaflo.com/reservations/smartwaiver.json
- Make sure 'Web Endpoint' and 'Do not wait for email validation' are set, then click the Update button to save
Warning: If it looks like you are going to remove the FareHarbor Integration or any other integrations you will need to contact Smartwaiver to set up a second webhook, so email them the ‘Webhook URL’ to email@example.com
- The integration should now be active and ready to test. If you would like to import upcoming waivers that were created before the integration was enabled please contact Fotaflo support.
Testing the Smartwaiver Integration
- Make a booking with Fareharbor
- Sign the waiver that gets emailed with a different name/email than the original booking.
- Look in Fotaflo for a matching label for the name in step 2.
- Add the label to a photo and make sure the album gets delivered to both email addresses.